Many people worried about what is the best material to cover kitchen cabinet shelves Design.If you don’t have any idea such shelves. No problem,today we will discuss about best material to cover kitchen cabinet shelves.So,read our article properly.
How to choose the best material to cover kitchen cabinet shelves?
It is no secret that often the kitchen shelf in an apartment or house is the most favorite and cozy corner. Housewives pay a lot of attention to the furniture and equipment of the kitchen.
After all, everything will harmonious, thoughtful, convenient and functional. Fortunately, the choice of kitchen furniture, appliances and all sorts of devices today in specialized stores is huge and is able to satisfy the most demanding, refine, or non-standard requests.
And what could not find in the finished form, is made to order or made with your own hands, including shelves for the kitchen.
How to choose shelves Cabinets or shelves?
Kitchen furniture, as well as kitchen utensils, is not enough. But the question arises: what is more convenient and functional cabinets or kitchen shelves.
It is more rational to equip the bottom of the working wall with cabinets with internal shelves or drawers. Such kitchen furniture is very practical and roomy and looks great in the interior of the kitchen.
In the floor cabinets, it is convenient to put bulky kitchen utensils, install containers for garbage and waste, and store bags of vegetables.
Hanging kitchen cabinets can safely replace with open shelves or closed, and it is good to combine all three types. It will note that the open shelves in the kitchen are lighter and do not clutter the space. This is especially valuable in small kitchens or in studio apartments.
Part of the floor cabinets can also sacrifice by installing open shelves.
However, it is necessary to make the shelves themselves more massive and thicker than the mounted ones, because massive kitchen utensils and appliances always stored below: a juicer, a meat grinder, pots of various capacities, and pans.
The location of open kitchen wall shelves can be very diverse. They look great between regular hanging cabinets or from the sides. Small open shelves will be appropriate under or above the cabinets.
For example, you can place flower pots, cups, glasses or containers with sugar, salt, spices, and cutlery on them.
Wooden open shelves reside above the kitchen table uses as an additional decor of the room, and quite a practical thing, placing vases with flowers, scented candles or frames with photos of all family members on them. Such designs look advantageous in the interior of the kitchen.
Kitchen interior style
Kitchen interior style there are a lot of styles in which you can equip a kitchen with open shelves, minimalism, Scandinavian style, high-tech, retro, or classic-it all depends on the wishes of the hostess. Each style of kitchen has its own materials, colors, and shapes.
High-tech or minimalism is a modern style and materials that use in them as if they better reflect modern realities. Plastic, metal, glass, a lot of right angles and lines, and a combination of black and white with splashes of bright colored details is most suitable for these styles.
You can also use lighting for hanging cabinets and open shelves, this will make the kitchen more modern and practical. Hanging shelves make of glass, whether completely transparent or frosted glass, will look particularly impressive. The shelves in the interior of the kitchen will look fresher and more simple.
In addition to the open shelves on the mounts, there may be shelves that are mounted on the wall. Such a move will help to save space in the kitchen space and make the room as constructive as possible.
Painlessly dismantling such kitchen floating shelves are quite problematic and you will have to use them until the next major repair.
Plastic kitchen shelves are light, mobile, they easily attach and dismantled. But it is worth remembering that plastic is not strong enough material and is not suitable for installing heavy kitchen utensils on it.
Nowadays, it has become very fashionable to fill the kitchen wall shelves for dishes with books, thereby saving time and space. The hostess has everything at hand, and to get the necessary item is very easy and simple, without leaving the kitchen.
Materials for Kitchen Cabinet Shelves
Kitchen Shelves differ not only in size, color, but also in the material from which they are made. As mentioned above, it can be.
- Tree, the perfect choice for the kitchen. Natural material, Eco-friendly, breathable, hypoallergenic, durable enough and easy to operate. It definitely needs an additional moisture-resistant coating.
- Chipboard or fiberboard. In its qualities, it is slightly inferior to wood, but it is also quite attractive and functional. Kitchen structures are reliable and easy to maintain.
- Glass. It is better to use hardened reinforced, then there will be no problems with open shelves and filling capacity. And of course pay attention to its thickness. Thin glass, less than 6-8 mm, is inappropriate and impractical, and also unsafe. It may crack.
- Stone. Quite bulky and massive material. Carefully hang the structures and pay close attention to the fasteners. It is more reasonable to mount on the load-bearing wall of the kitchen.
- Drywall. To create a stationary kitchen interior for a long time. Suitable for lovers of classics and conservatism. These are kitchens in the English colonial style. In order for the kitchen shelves to last for a long time, the coating must be moisture-resistant.
- Plastic. Lightweight, mobile material. It can imitate wood, stone, glass, and even mirror surfaces. You cannot hang shelves over the gas stove and near heating devices. Do not overload. .
- Metal. Quite new and not universally appreciates the material. Such open shelves can withstand significant loads, are not afraid of high temperatures or moisture, and are quite easy to care for.
- In the interior, it will allow using one material or a combination of two, at least three types. For example, the shelf itself can make of wood or glass. Glass kitchen shelves can combine with metal or wooden ones.
We make kitchen shelves ourselves
Open shelves for the kitchen can purchase in the store, purchased using the Internet, or make with your own hands.
Open shelves in the kitchen making of wood with their own hands can make even a layman well, or made of plastic. To work, you must have the following materials and tools.
1. A tape measure, a piece of paper, a simple pencil, a ruler.
2. A hacksaw or a jigsaw, metal corners for fixing, a drill or a screwdriver, self-tapping screws or screws, sandpaper.
3. A stain (drying oil), a waterproof wood varnish, a brush or two.
Stages of work.
1. To begin with, it is necessary to decide in which place the kitchen will place the shelf and their total number. The tape measure carefully measures the length of the intended product and the width. The dimensions are fixed on paper.
2. The shelf blank covers with a stain when a dark-colored stick needs it, or with drying oil to preserve the natural color and pattern of the wood, in two layers. Allow to dry thoroughly. In the absence of staining, use a solution of medical iodine.
3. When the base coat dries, the work piece is covered with a wood varnish with a moisture-resistant effect, which is important. Kitchen furniture will keep clean, and without the appropriate coating it will be difficult to do. Frequent wet cleaning can cause damage and shorten the shelf life if it is uncoated. The first layer of varnish after drying treats with fine sandpaper and apply the second layer.
4. Step back from both edges of the structure by a couple of centimeters, mark the places for fixing the corners. Twist the metal corners. The shelf is ready. Use self-tapping screws and a drill to hang it on the wall at the chosen location. Check the strength of the fasteners and only then arrange the necessary items.
If you desire, the outer edge of the shelf can decorate or left clean. The decoration can apply with oil paints or burned with a special burner.
It is advisable to abandon the three-dimensional decor. The settled fat on such a surface will be quite difficult to remove and the kitchen wall shelves eventually become sloppy. What will affect the appearance of the entire interior of the kitchen?
I think you read our article properly and got more knowledge about what is the best material to cover kitchen cabinet shelves.